Kindergarten Information & Registration
Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-18 School Year is on March 2, 2017 at your home school.
Brea Olinda Unified School District wants every child to be prepared for success in school. To ensure that kindergarten children are fully able to achieve success in the increasingly rigorous, State-Standards-Based Curriculum, we are offering Transitional Kindergarten in addition to our regular kindergarten.
What is Transitional Kindergarten (TK)?
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is an early year kindergarten experience for children turning 5 years old between September 2, 2017
and March 31, 2018. TK gives our youngest kindergartners an early start and provides them with the opportunity to learn and grow in an environment tailored to meet their academic and social-emotional needs.
Additional information and answers to frequently asked questions:
- TK/Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year is on Thursday, March 2 at your home school. If you do not know your home school, please click HERE
to access our school locator tool. Please check with your school site for the exact time the office will open.
- Current TK students do NOT need to register for Kindergarten. They will automatically be enrolled in the system.
- Preschool registration for the 2017-18 school year is also on Thursday, March 2 at Arovista school in the Child Development Services office (900 Eadington
Drive) at 8:30 a.m. Preschool registration packets are located on the Child Development Services website by clicking HERE
- Current Preschool students going into TK or Kindergarten MUST register at their home school. (If your child is in Special Education Preschool, please contact your child's teacher for registration information.)
- Parents of preschoolers are encouraged to arrive early as space is limited for our preschool classes.
- If you are a parent of a preschooler and TK/Kindergarten student, it is highly recommended that you register your preschooler first and then proceed to your home school to register your TK or Kindergartener.
- Before and after school child care registration is available at all home school
sites beginning March 2.
- Information on Inter-district and Intra-District transfers can be found by clicking HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact the Child Development Services office at 714-990-7527.