The District offers educational services aimed at providing a high quality education to students along with a system of educational accountability. Instruction is the primary goal and student achievement is the primary product of BOUSD schools. A strong basic education is accompanied by programs such as athletics, music and the fine arts.
The following District expectations ensure that students receive quality curriculum and instruction:
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment are aligned to the California Standards to maximize student learning.
- Assessment data will be used by teachers and administration to enhance student learning.
- Students individual needs will be supported through development of varied approaches, programs, and strategies.
- Improve student attendance.
- Implement a comprehensive educational program with equal access to the curriculum for all students.
- Implement an early intervention program district-wide