In the event of an emergency, the principal at the school site will take the following steps:
- Direct immediate action to protect students and staff
- Call 911 if necessary
- Call the Superintendent’s Office
- Activate the plan
- When possible, send a letter home explaining the incident and other necessary information, such as school being opened or closed, health instructions, etc.
* Each school site has an emergency team in place with specific responsibilities. Please contact your child’s school if you have questions regarding specific emergency procedures at the site.
* It is important to completely fill out your emergency information cards and to include anyone who is able to pick up your child in the event of an emergency.